Here are the top 4 tips that I tend to discuss with clients and colleagues - some of these are settings that have been recently moved - some are just so well hidden that you might not even know they existed!
Don't want people to know you've been on their profile?
You can turn on "anonymous" mode so that other users aren't notified that you've looked at their profile.
- Go to Privacy & Settings (hover over your Profile pic in the top right corner & a menu will appear)
- Under Privacy Controls, click "Select what others see when you've viewed their profile"
Choose either your full information, your job title/industry, or to remain completely anonymous
Keep in mind however, that if you turn this on, you will also not get notifications of who has been on *your* profile, so use with caution.
Wondering where to see your updates?
You used to be able to see these in your newsfeed, but they're now accessible only on your profile.
- Go to your profile
- Beside the button "View your profile" there is a drop down menu. Hover over it.
- Click "View recent activity"
This will show you your recent posts, likes, and comments - there is no filter ability, so you'll need to scroll if you're looking for something specific. You can also see recent Pulse updates and information about your followers by clicking the appropriate menu items on this page.
Don't want to send an update to your connections every time you correct a typo on your profile?
If you are just doing some spring cleaning on your profile, you might not want to send updates to all of your connections (for example, that person who has been at the same job for 10 years but is only now adding it to their profile - those "Jane Smith has a new job!" posts can sometimes be a bit silly).
- Go to your profile
- Scroll until you see "Notify your network?" on the right-hand side
- Click to turn this off/on
When you have a relevant update that you want people to know about, make sure that this is on!
Trying to leave a group?
Sometimes we get overwhelmed with updates, and sometimes our interests change and group are no longer relevant.
- In the main menu, hover over "Interests" and then click "Groups"
- Click on the group you want to leave (you may have to select 'see more')
- Beside the group name is a button that says "Member". Hover over it with your mouse.
- Click "Leave Group"